This standard has been developed by HAE EHA for the hire and rental industry with the assistance of BSI. It demonstrates the Association’s commitment to guiding organisations to achieve higher standards and constantly improve their service delivery levels whilst adopting core business principles relevant to all organisations.
This standard has been designed to be relevant to all organisations regardless of their size. It offers guidance on developing or improving internal processes that will enable organisations to assess and evaluate business risks and implement the necessary controls to ensure they are effectively and economically managed.
Adopting such controls whilst understanding the needs of the customer, will help organisations to become more competitive, improve their quality of service and deliver customer satisfaction. Equally, such controls will ensure that workplaces are maintained and that employees and customers are not exposed to unnecessary risks.
This standard has involved the following organisations, whose recognition has added credibility to the management disciplines described within it:
- British Standards Institution (BSI)
- Constructions Skills
- Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- Contractor Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
- Events Supplier and Services Association (ESSA)
- United kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG)
SafeHire Certification is valid for 3 years, based on annual depot assessments to check continuity of compliance.
Reasons to Hire from HAE Members
Our members provide the highest quality and reliable services in the industry. If you hire from a HAE member you can be assured you are hiring from a business who:
- adhere to the highest standards of customer service and best practice
- put safety first, adhering to the SafeHire standard (SafeHire Members)
- adhere to our Code of Conduct
- is committed to staff training and ongoing development
- provide a green and sustainable alternative to buying
- give customers (the hirer) access to hire specific insurance
- is part of a national support network and can provide access to an independent arbitrator in the unlikely event that things go wrong. A safety net.