Paragon Projection Limited is a controller of your personal data. We respect your data and your privacy is important to us.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we collect and how it is used. This notice also explains what rights you have over your personal data and how you can use those rights. You have the right to object to some of the processing which Paragon Projection carries out. More information about your rights and how to exercise these is set out in the “Your rights” section of this notice. Paragon Projection Limited is registered in England No. 2009132.
Summary of how we use your data and your rights
We use your data to provide and improve our products and services, including for business trading purposes, marketing, feedback and enquiries, and for safety and security purposes.
We will use your data to comply with laws and regulations. We may use your data to prevent and detect crime, such as fraud.
When you give consent, you are able to withdraw that consent at any time, for instance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email us to exercise any other data rights, such as obtaining a copy of your data, correcting, deleting or restricting how we use your data. Please see “Your rights” for more information.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time. To opt out of marketing, you can either click the unsubscribe link on the bottom of our news and updates emails, or reply with “unsubscribe” in the subject or email us directly.
Information we collect from you
We collect information when you purchase something or use our services for instance for a quotation. This includes visit to our websites or corresponding with us. In particular:
- We keep information you give us directly such as contact details (including name, company name, email, address and telephone number)
- If there is an incident, we may need to log information about it.
- If you engage with us online via our websites our cookies and similar technologies will capture your IP address, your location, and record how you use the site or app to help improve it and improve your user experience, where your browser settings or permission allows for this.
- If you post information online about us or provide feedback, we may keep a record.
- If you contact us directly to complain or give feedback, or enter a competition, we will record details and all related information such as emails, letters.
How we use information and the legal basis
We are allowed to use your data only if we have a proper reason to do so such as:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you;
- When it is in our legitimate interest;
- When you consent to it; or
- To comply with the law.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your data. This involves us making an assessment of when we can rely on our legitimate interests. For more information on this assessment contact us please.
We have set out below how and why we may use your personal information and the legal basis we rely on. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are.
When you buy or hire equipment from us, we use your information to fulfil our contract with you.
We take information to communicate with you, check your identity, take payment, and provide products and services.
To run our business and pursue our legitimate interests, we use your information.
Our legitimate interests include keeping our records up to date, fulfilling our legal, compliance and contractual duties, working out which of our products and services may interest you, improving our site and apps, and services, developing new products and services, and telling you about them and conducting market research.
Further details of our legitimate interests:
- To run and promote our business, we use your information:
- To provide and improve our products and services and to respond to you if you contact us.
- When we monitor our website, social media platforms such as Facebook and responses to email marketing. If you post comments online or in other media we may capture this information, contact you, and use it to improve our products and services.
- To run promotions and track which offers seem of interest to you.
- To understand you better as a customer by analysing your transactions and other information you provide to us or which we learn through your interactions with us.
- To contact you where you provide us with feedback or pass this data to a third-party business partner of ours or yours for action.
To prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, including where we are required to do so by law we may:
- Monitor Paragon Projections accounts and review, record call centre communications and emails.
- Use other organisations to check the validity of the credit or debit card details you use to pay (for further details see “Data sharing” below).
To comply with law, assess and uphold legal or contractual rights and claims, and for monitoring, auditing and training on compliance matters:
- We keep records and pass your data to our insurers when necessary (for further details see Data sharing below).
- We can monitor, and record call centre communications, including incoming and outgoing calls and emails.
- We may verify your identity.
- We keep records to comply with health and safety legislation, including accounting for the number of individuals on our premises and logging accidents.
We may, if you give us consent
- Send you electronic marketing, including promotions and offers, in relation to our products and services you can subscribe or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time.
- Use data for other purposes where we explain that purpose when we ask for your consent. When you give consent, you are able to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us, for instance by emailing us at email@example.com. If you do so we can only continue to use your data if another legal basis applies, such as when we’re required to do something by law.
Nevertheless, you have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can opt out of marketing by selecting “unsubscribe” in emails
When the law requires us to process your data we will do so. This can include
- Legal, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes, including for government agencies and law enforcement.
- When you exercise your rights under data protection legislation, including when you ask to subscribe or unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
For some activities Paragon Projection uses third party service providers, when these service providers ask for customer data from you we may share information with them.
We use third party providers for the following services:
- Email spam filtering
- Sending promotional offers
- Anti Virus scanning and detection
- Security software
- IT hosting, including the provision of applications and website hosting
- Payments’ processing to enable you to pay by credit or debit card
If our business is to be integrated with another business or sold, your details would be shared with our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s advisers.
Your information will be passed to the new owners and you would be notified.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials for the prevention or detection of crime, if required by law or if required for a legal or contractual claim.
Cookies and similar technologies
We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you or to provide services where required by law or to protect legal rights.
We always look to keep your data for the minimum time in line with data protection principles and our processes. For example, we keep:
- Records of payment information in line with tax law and audit requirements.
- Customer feedback and correspondence with our support teams for up to 6 years afterwards, depending on the nature of the interaction and any applicable law, such as health and safety. This enables us to respond to any questions or complaints.
- Information to maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
If you unsubscribe from marketing communications we keep a record of this request indefinitely to ensure we do not send you direct marketing again.
We may keep your data for longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
You have rights over your personal data
- ask for a copy of your information;
- ask for information to be corrected;
- ask for information to be erased or deleted;
- ask for us to limit or restrict processing;
- object to us processing your data, in particular where we use the data for direct marketing. The right to object does not apply if we must process the data to meet a contractual or legal requirement;
- ask us to send you a copy in a structured digital format or ask for us to send it to another party.
Some rights, however, may be limited. We may be obliged by law or regulation to keep information. We must respect other people’s privacy as well, which means we may need to redact or remove information where it includes personal data about someone else, even if it is connected to your data. On occasion there may be a compelling legitimate interest to keep processing data.
If you want a copy of your data, to object to how we use your data, or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it or, please see ‘Contact details’ below. To process a request from you, we may need to confirm your identity to ensure we’re accessing the right data.
You have a right to complain to an EU data protection authority. This can be where you live, work or where the matter occurred. In the UK, the authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”).
To exercise any of your rights or to withdraw consent you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss or change your account details, including preference settings, contact us at : email@example.com
For any queries relating to data protection please contact us in writing to Paragon Projection Limited Walkers Rise, Rugeley Road, Hednesford, Staffordshire.WS12 0QU. If we make any changes or updates to this notice we will communicate these.